Despite what those failed chocolate soufflé attempts say, baking is not rocket science.
In fact, it’s pretty easy if you know all the tricks of the trade.
You’ve just been working with the wrong set of metaphorical tools. So stop burning your crusts and giving up if you’re missing an ingredient — baking is about to become easy as pie with these simple hacks.
1. You can use a wine bottle as a makeshift rolling pin.
2. Avoid hard brown sugar by storing it with a slice of bread or a large marshmallow.
3. Use a piece of parchment paper to make your own cupcake liners.
4. Ripen bananas by placing them in the oven for 40 minutes at 300 degrees.
5. You can swap avocado for butter in order to make a cake healthier.
6. Put some icing in a syringe and it’ll look like an expert iced your cake.
7. Fill a frosting bag by folding it over a cup.
8. Find out how to make your own DIY sprinkles here.
9. Next time you make chocolate chip cookies, add coarse sea salt to the top. It will give them a delicious kick!
10. Here’s how to make a tart without a tart-specific pan.
11. If you want to keep cookies moist, store them with an apple wedge. They’ll absorb the apple’s moisture instead of going stale.
12. Applying nonstick cooking spray to a tin in your dishwasher will keep your counters clean.
13. Tired of making cupcake frosting? Use marshmallows! Find out how here.
14. Get the swirl look on cupcakes and other treats when you put two bags into one tip.
15. No cupcake tin? No problem. Just place the wrappers in mason jar lids.
16. Have some brick-hard brown sugar? Microwave it for 20 seconds with a wet paper towel covering it.
17. You can use a Ziploc bag or plastic wrap to make your very own icing bag!
18. To get an eggshell out of a bowl, all you need to do is wet your finger and place it next to the shell.
19. Placing a slice of bread on top of an unfrosted cake will keep it moist.
20. Use a grater to get rid of burnt, brown parts of cookies and muffins. Just softly scrape off the undesirable bits.
21. Find out how to make your own colorful sugar sprinkles here.
Whew! I’m glad I learned these baking hacks, how about you? Now let’s get in the kitchen and whip up some delicious desserts ASAP!
Read more: http://www.viralnova.com/baking-hacks/